Get a restaurant-quality Garlicky Chicken Pasta with this recipe that’s full of flavor and vibes. Tender chicken breast sautéed till golden brown soaked in a delicious creamy sauce with a bit of tangy lemony flavor. This is an easy weeknight dinner recipe that comes together in under 30 minutes. Another easy dinner recipe to add to your collection
This new recipe is full of flavor and vibes ! Most of us usually have a pack of chicken breast in our freezer on any given day , which makes this a great one to add to your chicken breast recipe collection .
My recipe for Lemon Garlicky Chicken pasta is filled with garlic , lemon juice, well seasoned chicken breast and penne pasta noodles.
I topped this with grated parmesan cheese and served it with a garlic knot roll- it was very much top tier !
Pasta is one of the most loved staple foods across the globe and I love how it can be incorporated in many different ways. I have made anything from a Salmon Rasta Pasta recipe to Creamy Oxtail Pasta recipe. Pasta allows you to be creative in the kitchen and the results are always finger-licking good. What I love about this lemon garlicky chicken pasta is, it uses ingredients that most of us already have in our freezer and pantry.
12 ounces penne noodles , cooked Al dente and drained
2 boneless skinless chicken breast , cut into 1 inch chunks
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon adobo all purpose seasoning
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoon unsalted butter
5 cloves garlic , chopped
1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
1 + 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup unsalted chicken broth
1/2 cup parmesan cheese , shredded
2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
Parsley (optional garnish )
Lemon slices (optional garnish )
Grated parmesan cheese
How to make Garlicky Chicken pasta
1.In a large bowl , add chicken breast, all purpose seasoning , black pepper , garlic powder , paprika, cayenne, and 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice . Mix well until chicken is evenly coated
2.In a large skillet , heat olive oil and cook chicken 4-7 minutes or until fully cooked. Then remove from heat and set aside
3.In a large skillet-add butter , garlic, and green onion – sauté for 2 minutes or until butter is melted
4.Add heavy cream and stir
5.Add chicken broth and stir
6.Add lemon pepper and 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice then stir
7.Cook for 4-5 minutes on medium heat while stirring
8.Add shredded parmesan cheese reduce temperature to medium low and stir for another 4-5 min (the sauce should be smooth )
10.Add chicken, stir well for 2-3 minutes until everything is combined
11.Remove from heat then Garnish with parsley and lemon slices
12.Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese
13.Serve and enjoy!
Recipe variations and substitutes
- You could use boneless chicken thighs instead of chicken breast. The chicken thighs are fattier cuts which will give a more intense rich flavor.
- Add mushrooms to this recipe for added flavor. Slice up your mushrooms then sauté with the chicken chunks
- Make it spicy by adding crushed chili flakes and give it that spicy kick.
- You can substitute the chicken with Shrimps
Helpful recipe tips from The Glam Kitchen
- Use real lemon juice.
- If you can… use garlic cloves, but if you don’t have any on hand it’s ok to use the jar minced garlic.
- Be sure to use unsalted butter to avoid your dish being too salty. Remember the parmesan has a fair amount of salt as well.
- Another way to achieve browned juicy chicken is to slice the chicken breast into two halves and then cook it. Once cooked, let it rest for a few minutes and slice it into smaller bite-size chunks.
What to serve with garlicky chicken pasta?
This dish is a complete meal on its own but you can also serve it with
- Garlic knot rolls
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted garlic potatoes
Storage and reheating tips
If you have any leftovers you can transfer them into an airtight container and keep them in your fridge for a few days.
Reheating is easy, put your leftovers in the microwave and heat up for 2-3 minutes
There isn’t any hack or secret, just the heavy cream and if you want to make it thicker you can add all-purpose flour and adjust the consistency of it with full cream milk or your chicken broth.
You can make the chicken ahead of time and maybe the noodles as well but the sauce is better when it’s freshly made.
This will stay in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
Loved this garlicky chicken pasta recipe? I am certain you will love these as well
- Creamy Jerk Lobster Pasta Recipe
- Best Seafood Macaroni Salad Soul Food Recipe
- Chipotle Shrimp Pasta Recipe
Garlicky chicken pasta
- 12 ounces Penne noodles , cooked Al dente and drained
- 2 Boneless skinless chicken breast , cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Adobo all purpose seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon Ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoon Unsalted butter
- 5 Cloves garlic , chopped
- 1 tablespoon Green onion, chopped
- 1+½ cups Heavy cream
- ½ cup Unsalted chicken broth
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese , shredded
- 2 teaspoon Fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Lemon pepper seasoning
- Parsley (optional garnish )
- Lemon slices (optional garnish )
- Grated parmesan cheese
- .In a large bowl , add chicken breast, all purpose seasoning , black pepper , garlic powder , paprika, cayenne, and 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice . Mix well until chicken is evenly coated
- In a large skillet , heat olive oil and cook chicken 4-7 minutes or until fully cooked. Then remove from heat and set aside
- .In a large skillet-add butter , garlic, and green onion – sauté for 2 minutes or until butter is melted
- Add heavy cream and stir
- Add chicken broth and stir
- Add lemon pepper and 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice then stir
- Cook for 4-5 minutes on medium heat while stirring
- Add shredded parmesan cheese reduce temperature to medium low and stir for another 4-5 min (the sauce should be smooth )
- Add pasta
- Add chicken, stir well for 2-3 minutes until everything is combined
- .Remove from heat then Garnish with parsley and lemon slices
- Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese
- Serve and enjoy!
Looks delicious I will have to try it out
Thank you !