If you have been following me on social media then you know that I am a seafood lover. Shrimp, in particular is my favorite seafood. It is versatile and doesn’t require much work. It cooks quickly , and there are endless options when it comes to the preparation of it. This recipe combines my favorite seafood in a creamy chipotle sauce . Chipotle peppers are really just jalapeño peppers that have been fully ripened , dried , then smoked . Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce are what we will use to make this recipe. We will only be using the adobo sauce from the can of chipotle pepper however if you want more of a kick, feel free to use some of the actual pepper.
How to Make Chipotle Shrimp Pasta
Cook up your pasta first. The shrimp cooks so quickly you want to make sure to have everything else ready to plate.
Add the raw shrimp to a large mixing bowl.
Dump the combined seasoning on top.
Get in there with your hands and mix things up, making sure all the shrimp is coated with seasoning!
Here’s where you decide how much heat you can handle. Use either just the adobo sauce or go on and dice up one of the peppers to use.
Once everything’s in the pot, let it sit at a low simmer for just a few minutes. This will ensure it thickens up so it coats your pasta evenly.
Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and stir it on up.
Pile up the pasta in a twisty next in the center of a shallow bowl. I love to use fun dishes like pasta bowls as it will contain all the goodness and you won’t be chasing it around the edges of a plate. Top that nest with shrimp – I prefer to have that wonderful presentation instead of just stirring the shrimp into the sauce.
As always, enjoy the recipe and let me know how they came out!
Chipotle Shrimp Pasta
- 1 pound XL raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces fettuccine noodles
- 1 tbsp chipotle pepper sauce from canned adobo peppers
- 1 + 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese shredded
- adobo all purpose seasoning
- garlic powder
- chili powder
- 3 tbsp green bell pepper diced
- 3 tbsp red bell pepper diced
- parsley optional garnish
- Make fettuccine noodles according to packaging, drain and set aside
- In a small bowl , season shrimp with adobo, pepper, garlic powder , and chili powder-mix well so all of the shrimp are coated and set aside
- In a large skillet , heat olive oil and sauté shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side or until fully cooked (do not overcook your shrimp or they will be rubbery)
- Remove the shrimp from heat and set aside
- In a large skillet , on medium high heat melt butter then sauté the garlic for 1-2 minutes
- Add the red and green bell peppers and sauté for another 2-3 minutes
- Pour in the heavy cream , and stir well
- Pour in the white wine and stir well
- Add the chipotle sauce, and stir well
- Allow the sauce to cook for 3-5 minutes on medium heat while stirring
- Lightly season with adobo all purpose and stir well (taste to see if seasoned to your liking )
- Stir in Parmesan cheese , mix well , then allow the sauce to simmer for 3-4 more minutes on medium low heat
- Add the cooked noodles and mix well
- Remove from heat
- Serve the shrimp over the pasta , garnish with fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese , and enjoy !