I can’t lie, I’ve got a thing for potato side dishes. Mashed potatoes is probably in my top 5 of side dishes. I just love when there’s skin on the potatoes , garlic , and herbs mixed into them. This recipe is a fancier version of my Creamy + Dreamy Steakhouse Mashed Potatoes recipe. The difference is I added in Asiago cheese and herbs.
This dish is perfect for weeknight dinners , company’s coming over events, or if you want to have a steakhouse at home night.
As always , If you make this recipe , let me know how you like it!
Glam Kitchen Tips
-Use real butter, not margarine
-fresh herbs are best but you can use dried rosemary and thyme if needed
5 pounds of red or yellow potatoes
2 + 1/2 sticks of salted butter
2 cups heavy cream
3/4 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
1/8 ground black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon rosemary
1/2 teaspoon thyme
5-6 ounces Asiago cheese
3 cloves garlic , chopped
Fresh parsley (optional garnish )
1. Cut red potatoes into large chunks and place them in a large pot
2. Fill the pot with water , enough to fully cover the potatoes and boil the potatoes on medium high heat for 25-30 minutes or until tender (you should be able to slide a fork through one of the potato chunks easily when they are done )
3.Drain the water off of the potatoes and return them to the pot or a large bowl
4. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher, electric mixer , or large spoon until it has a creamy texture
5. In a microwave safe mall bowl, add 2 sticks of butter and chopped garlic -microwave until butter is melted
6. Stir in the melted garlic butter ,heavy cream and season with pink salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
7. Stir in rosemary, thyme, and Asiago cheese
9.Serve and enjoy !