Wings are a great option for entertaining a crowd, and when you add the flavors of Buffalo sauce and lemon pepper, they become a taste sensation. This Buffalo Lemon Pepper Wings recipe made in the air fryer combines juicy, tender chicken wings with a spicy and tangy sauce to create a delicious and meaty snack.
I guess you can say , things are getting pretty serious between my new air fryer and I. Y’all, I am having way too much fun with this kitchen gadget. The fact that I can cook something quickly and with less fat is really what does it for me when it comes to using my air fryer. This recipe is another chicken wing recipe – fun fact wings are one of my favorite foods and I love all the flavor possibilities of them. For this recipe I decided to combine lemon pepper wings and buffalo wings for a sauce that is bomb ! As always , enjoy and let me know what you think!
What you love about these air fryer Buffalo Lemon Pepper Wings
- They are flavorful: The combination of spicy Buffalo sauce, tangy lemon pepper, and savory chicken wings creates a flavor explosion in your mouth with every bite.
- Healthier version of fried wings: Using an air fryer to cook the wings cuts down on the amount of oil needed and makes them a healthier option compared to traditional fried wings.
- Quick and easy: This recipe is quick and simple to make, allowing you to enjoy a delicious and satisfying snack in no time.
- Versatile: These wings are perfect for game day, a party, or a quick snack and can be served in a variety of ways, making them a crowd-pleaser.
Baked chicken wings VS Air fried chicken wings
Baked chicken wings and air fried chicken wings both offer a healthier alternative to deep-fried wings, as they use less oil. However, they have different cooking methods and outcomes.
Baked chicken wings are roasted in the oven on a baking sheet, usually with a light coating of oil. This method results in juicy, tender wings that have a crisp skin on the outside. Baking is a straightforward method that requires minimal preparation and can be a good option for a large batch of wings.
Air fried chicken wings are cooked in a special kitchen appliance called an air fryer. The air fryer uses hot air to cook the wings, creating a crispy exterior and juicy interior. The cooking process is faster compared to baking and produces wings that are more evenly crispy than baked wings. Air frying also allows you to cook smaller batches of wings, making it a good option for those who don’t want to turn on their oven.
Ultimately, the choice between baked and air fried chicken wings comes down to personal preference and what you’re looking for in your wings. If you’re making a large batch for a crowd then baked wings are a great choice. If you want a crispier, quicker cook with more evenly cooked wings, air frying is the way to go.
For the dry rub before adding the sauce
- 10-12 chicken wings
- 1/4 teaspoon Glam Kitchen All Purpose Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
For the Buffalo lemon pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoon Louisiana hot sauce
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
How to make Buffalo Lemon Pepper Wings in the air fryer
1. In a large bowl add chicken wings (make sure you pat them dry), all purpose seasoning , paprika, and baking powder – mix well to ensure wings are well coated
2. Add wings to air fryer and cook for 23 minutes on 390 degrees , flip them halfway through the cook time
Making the buffalo lemon pepper sauce
3. In a small bowl, melt butter and add the hot sauce, lemon juice and lemon pepper seasoning – mix well
4. Remove wings from air fryer and toss them with the buffalo lemon pepper sauce
5. Serve and enjoy !
Substitutes and Variations
Sauce: If you prefer a milder flavor, you can reduce the amount of hot sauce in the Buffalo sauce. Alternatively, you can use a different type of hot sauce, such as chipotle, to change up the flavor.
Seasoning: Instead of using lemon pepper, you can use garlic powder, paprika, or any other seasoning of your choice.
Wings: If you prefer boneless wings, you can use chicken tenders instead of wings.
Sides: Serve these wings with a side of celery sticks and blue cheese dressing for a classic wing pairing.
Drink: Pair these wings with an ice-cold beer or a refreshing lemonade for a perfect combination.
Storage and Reheating Tips
Storage: Store the cooked wings and sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheating: Reheat the wings in the air fryer or in the oven until they are warmed through.
What is the secret to crispy chicken wings
The secret to crispy chicken wings is a combination of factors, including:
Drying the wings: Before cooking, make sure to pat the wings dry with paper towels to remove any excess moisture. This will help the skin to become crispy in the cooking process.
Using the right cooking method: Baking or air frying are great options for crispy wings, as they use hot air to cook the wings and create a crispy exterior. Avoid boiling or steaming the wings, as these methods can make the skin soggy.
Adding a coating: A light coating of oil or a dry rub can help the wings to become crispy. If using a dry rub, make sure to let the wings sit in the refrigerator for a few hours before cooking to allow the flavors to penetrate the meat.
Cooking at the right temperature: Cooking the wings at a high temperature, around 400°F to 425°F, will ensure that they become crispy and cooked through.
Not overcrowding the cooking surface: If baking the wings, make sure to spread them out on a baking sheet in a single layer, without touching, to allow hot air to circulate and cook the wings evenly.
By following these tips, you should be able to achieve crispy and delicious chicken wings every time!
Yes, you can use a different type of chicken, such as drumsticks or chicken breast, in this recipe. However, the cooking time may vary depending on the type and size of the chicken.
Yes, you can make the Buffalo sauce ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
More chicken wings recipes
Buffalo Lemon pepper wings in the air fryer
- Air fryer
- 10-12 chicken wings
- 1/4 tsp Glam Kitchen All Purpose Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp Louisiana hot sauce
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- In a large bowl add chicken wings (make sure you pat them dry), all purpose seasoning , paprika, and baking powder – mix well to ensure wings are well coated
- Add wings to air fryer and cook for 23 minutes on 390 degrees , flip them halfway through the cook time
- In a small bowl, melt butter and add the hot sauce, lemon juice and lemon pepper seasoning – mix well
- Remove wings from air fryer and toss them with the buffalo lemon pepper sauce. Serve and enjoy!