Make these super easy popular Baked BBQ Whole Chicken Wings next time when you are hosting, I promise you they will be the first to finish on your platter. Roasted to perfection, coated with BBQ honey sauce then baked till the sauce is caramelized…. Finger-licking good.
There is just something about baked BBQ chicken. And when you make the chicken pieces whole chicken wings , whew – it’s a whole vibe ! My recipe for baked BBQ whole chicken wings is saucy and seasoned deliciously. I cut the tips off the chicken wings but feel free to leave them on if you prefer.
I simply love chicken wings because they are versatile. Whichever way you decide to make chicken wings, they are always a great addition to your meal. If you love them as much as I do then you should make these Whole Chicken Wings with Italian Dressing and Whole Chicken Wings With Baby potatoes next
What you will love about these baked BBQ Chicken Wings
- It’s simple and delicious
- They make a great appetizer for a crowd
- They inexpensive
- Crispy skin with BBQ flavor… to die for.
10 whole wings (tips on or off)
1/2 teaspoon adobo all purpose
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1 bottle (16-18 ounces )your favorite BBQ sauce
2 tablespoon honey
How to make Oven Baked BBQ Whole Chicken Wings
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. In a large bowl season chicken wings with adobo all-purpose, ground black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, and thyme – mix well so that all of the chicken wings are evenly coated with seasoning
3. In a medium-sized bowl combine BBQ sauce and honey – then set aside
4. In a large, deep baking dish, add seasoned chicken wings
5. Spoon BBQ sauce over the chicken wings and cover them with foil
6. Bake the chicken wings covered for 40 minutes
7. Remove from oven, remove foil, baste chicken wings, and return to the oven uncovered for another 20 minutes
8. Remove from the oven, baste the wings, and serve!
Recipe substitutions and variation
- Give your chicken wings an extra crisp and crunch by adding cornstarch or flour to your wings.
- You can make these whole chicken wings in different flavors like:
- Lemon pepper chicken wings
- Buffalo chicken wings
- Garlic butter chicken wings
- Spicy chicken wings
Try this very same recipe but use the air fryer this time. With the air fryer being smaller than the oven, these will cook in less time. Check out my Air fryer recipes (Link to your air fryer recipes category), I have been trying a lot of different recipes lately in the air fryer.
What goes well with these Oven Baked BBQ Whole Chicken Wings
Serve these BBQ chicken wings together with baby carrots and celery sticks on a starter platter.
Fresh garden salad
Grilled corn on the cob
Green beans with garlic butter sauce
- For leftovers, always put them in an airtight container and put them in the fridge. They will stay for up to 7 days.
- Reheat using the microwave it’s quicker, 2-3 minutes will be warm enough. If you don’t mind heating the oven to reheat this then go ahead and warm it at 375 degrees for 5 to 10 minutes.
- If you want to freeze them then a zip lock bag will be good for freezing and doesn’t take up too much space in the freezer.
Yes, you can use frozen chicken wings. The cooking time will differ because the frozen wings don’t cook right away. You will have to put them in the oven for maybe 20 minutes then take them out, season them then back into the oven again. Once they are cooked you can coat them with your honey BBQ sauce and back into the oven for a few minutes.
To avoid burning your wings you can cover them with heavy-duty foil or cook them on low heat.
My grandmother taught me this: in a bowl almost full of water, squeeze in fresh lemon juice and add about a tablespoon of white vinegar then soak your chicken wings for 30 minutes. Rinse well and dry them on a paper towel.
More chicken recipes to try
Juicy Baked Chicken Breast Easy Recipe
Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs Recipe
Buttermilk Fried Chicken Tenders
Baked BBQ Whole Chicken Wings
- 10 whole wings (tips on or off)
- ½ teaspoon adobo all-purpose
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- 1 bottle (16-18 ounces ) of your favorite bbq sauce
- 2 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl season chicken wings with adobo all-purpose, ground black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, and thyme – mix well so that all of the chicken wings are evenly coated with seasoning
- In a medium-sized bowl combine bbq sauce and honey – then set aside
- In a large, deep baking dish, add seasoned chicken wings
- Spoon BBQ sauce over the chicken wings and cover them with foil
- Bake the chicken wings covered for 40 minutes
- Remove from oven, remove foil, baste chicken wings, and return to the oven uncovered for another 20 minutes
- Remove from the oven, baste the wings, and serve!