There is just something about baked BBQ chicken. And when you make the chicken pieces whole chicken wings , whew – it’s a whole vibe !
My recipe for baked BBQ whole chicken wings is saucy and seasoned deliciously. I cut the tips off the chicken wings but feel free to leave them on if you prefer.
10 whole chicken wings (tips on or off)
1/2 teaspoon adobo all purpose
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1 bottle (16-18 ounces )your favorite bbq sauce
2 tablespoon honey
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. In a large bowl season chicken wings with adobo all purpose , ground black pepper , garlic powder , onion powder, chili powder , and thyme – mix well so that all of the chicken wings are evenly coated with seasoning
3. In a medium sized bowl combine bbq sauce and honey – then set aside
4. In a large, deep baking dish , add seasoned chicken wings
5. Spoon BBQ sauce over the chicken wings and cover with foil
6. Bake the chicken wings covered for 40 minutes
7. Remove from oven , remove foil , baste chicken wings , and return to the oven uncovered for another 20 minutes
8. Remove from oven , baste wings , and serve !