Fried chicken tenders are such a vibe. You can do so much with them. Eat them plain , make tacos with them , throw them on a salad , the options are endless.
With the holiday season now underway , I wanted to start with a recipe that was quick and easy to make. This would also be a perfect holiday get together appetizer for any guest that you have coming over. I like to purchase pretty serving plates during the holidays from Homegoods and serve my appetizers on them.
My fried chicken tenders recipe is made with buttermilk and it gives it an amazing flavor when paired with the seasoning combination I used.
Glam Kitchen Tips
– Always make sure your oil is very hot before frying anything
– Invest in a deep fryer if you haven’t had much luck frying in a traditional pot (it was a game changer for me)
1 pound chicken breast , cut into 1 inch strips
1 + 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
1/8 ground black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 cup buttermilk
1 egg, beaten
1 cup flour
vegetable oil for frying
1. Heat a deep fryer or large pot of vegetable oil
2. In a large resealable bag add flour , seasoning salt , pepper, garlic powder , and onion powder – shake well
3. In a large bowl add the chicken strips , buttermilk , and egg – mix well so that chicken is fully coated
4.Let the chicken sit in buttermilk mixture for 5 minutes
5. Place chicken strips in resealable bag, seal the bag, and shake until fully coated with seasoned flour (I did this in batches of 4-5 strips at a time )
6.Add chicken breast to hot oil and fry for 4-6 minutes or until fully cooked
7. Remove from oil and transfer to a paper towel lined plate or a baking rack with paper towel under it
8. Serve and enjoy !
Do you have an air fryer version of this?
Hi! Currently I don’t
I am making this today! Love the quick and easy recipes
Yasss! Let me know how they came out for you . I love quick recipes also