Summer is still here for another few weeks but I wanted to come through with a tasty, hearty recipe.
I made this oven bag pot roast for a Sunday dinner and it was a hit !
This oven bag pot roast is full of flavor and tender because it is slow cooked in an oven bag. I love oven bags also because of the easy clean up. I recommend using chuck roast because it has marbling which helps with the flavor but you can use any type of beef roast.
I served this with yellow rice – but you can honestly eat it without adding any extra sides
As always , let me know what you think – and enjoy !
4-5 pounds beef chuck roast
3 carrots , peeled and sliced
1 pound petite red potatoes , cut into halves
1 red onion, cut into chunks
2 + 1/2 teaspoon Adobo All Purpose seasoning
2 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoon rosemary
3 sprigs fresh thyme
1 + 1/2 cup Italian dressing (I used Wish-Bone Zesty Robusto Italian )
1 Turkey size oven bag
1. Season side 1 of the roast with 1 teaspoon adobo all purpose , 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon garlic powder , 1 teaspoon paprika, and 1 teaspoon rosemary
2. Season side 2 of the roast with 1 teaspoon adobo all purpose , 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon garlic powder , 1 teaspoon paprika, and 1 teaspoon rosemary
3.Lay oven bag in a large pan and add seasoned roast
4. Add potatoes, onion , carrots, and thyme
5. Pour Italian dressing over roast and sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon all purpose seasoning over the potatoes , carrots and onions
6. Tie or seal oven bag
7. Cook on 325 degrees for 4 hours
8.Remove from oven , open bag , serve and enjoy !