I usually think of pork spare ribs as a “low and slow” kind of deal, but there’s just something about the air fryer that makes these ribs really sing!
At this point, I’m sure my oven is hating the fact that I’m having a love affair with my new air fryer. I mean, what can’t this thing cook lol. The fact that I can have tasty ribs in 45 minutes is just mind-blowing to me.
Last week I experimented and made some ribs in my air fryer and they came out delish. I knew at that moment I had to share an air fryer rib recipe on the blog. This recipe uses my Glam Kitchen All-Purpose Seasoning and other spices to compliment that tasty honey BBQ sauce.
Glam Kitchen Recipe Tips
- I cut up a slab of ribs into individual pieces for this recipe however, I have seen where some grocery stores sell the slab already precut and packaged
- Make sure to rub those spices in well so they really penetrate the pork
- Tossing in glaze is the perfect finishing touch for lick-your-finger goodness
I find pork spare ribs to be my favorite for using a rub and a glaze. They have so much meat on each bone and the air fryer makes it fall-apart-tender.
You do want to keep the ribs in a single layer in your air fryer to ensure they cook evenly and completely. So this isn’t a recipe to make for a crowd but it’s perfect when you are craving barbecue but don’t want to fire up the grill.
How to Make Air Fryer Honey BBQ Ribs
- Combine all spices in a bowl to mix well.
- Sprinkle seasoning over ribs.
- Make sure you really rub that seasoning evenly into every single rib! This is where our flavor comes from as they cook.
- Add the seasoned ribs to an air fryer basket that has been sprayed with oil.
- After cooking, use tongs to add the ribs to the bowl of sauce and toss to coat.
Serve with all your favorites! Maybe some macaroni and cheese and coleslaw. Or whip up some quick biscuits. These are the perfect main dish to all your favorite southern comfort foods.
As always, let me know what you think and enjoy!
Questions about Air Fryer Ribs
- Can Air fryers cook good ribs? Absolutely! In my opinion the key it to cook them at the right temperature and not overcook them. No worries, this recipe will have you making them perfectly
- Are Air Fryer Ribs tender? Yes, Air Fryer ribs are tender and delish with a shorter cooking time than the traditional oven or grill method
BBQ Air Fryer Ribs Recipe
- 6-8 pork spare ribs I used half a slab of ribs and cut them into individual rib pieces
- 1/2 tsp adobo all purpose seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
Honey BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce I love using Sweet Baby Ray's or Trader Joes Garlic Sriracha
- 1/4 cup honey
- Season rib pieces with all purpose seasoning , garlic powder, chili powder and brown sugar , mix well so that the ribs are coated with seasoning
- In a small bowl combine bbq sauce and honey , mix well and set aside
- Set air fryer to 325 degrees
- Place ribs in air fryer basket and cook for 20 minutes , flip them then cook for another 10 minutes on 350 degrees
- Turn off air fryer and leave ribs inside to rest for 5 minutes
- Remove ribs from air fryer
- Toss ribs in honey bbq sauce
- Serve and enjoy!
Side Dishes to make with Air Fryer Ribs