When the season changes over to fall I automatically feel like Cornish hens have to be on my menu. My recipe for Garlic Lemon Pepper Oven Cornish Hens is truly top tier !
Cornish hens are so tender and savory , they are the perfect comfort food main dish to serve during the holidays and the fourth quarter. But let’s not stop there , they can be eaten year round and still be a hit.
I served my Garlic Lemon Pepper Cornish Hens with mashed potatoes and creamed spinach and it was absolutely delicious!
Glam Kitchen Tips
-Using fresh rosemary takes it to another level , however if you only have dried thyme feel free to use about 1/2 teaspoon of it and just add it with the seasoning
-Make sure you baste your birds while they cook , basting poultry keeps it nice and juicy
2 Cornish hens
1/2 teaspoon adobo all purpose Adobo seasoning
1 + 1/2 tsp Lemon pepper seasoning (I used the McCormick brand )
1/2 tsp Garlic powder
1/2 tsp Paprika
4 cloves garlic , chopped
1 large lemon (cut into half)
4 springs fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon olive oil
Fresh Parsley, chopped (optional garnish )
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Cut Cornish hens into halves
3. Season the bottom with 1/4 tsp adobo all purpose , 3/4 tsp lemon pepper seasoning , 1/4 tsp garlic powder , and 1/4 tsp paprika -then flip Cornish hens to the breast side
4. In a small bowl mix olive oil and squeeze half of the lemons juices into the olive oil – mix well
5. For the breast side of the Cornish hens , rub with Lemon olive oil mixture
6. Season with 1/4 tsp adobo all purpose , 3/4 tsp lemon pepper seasoning , 1/4 tsp garlic powder , and 1/4 tsp paprika
7. Cut the other half of the lemon into slices and arrange around the Cornish hens
8. Arrange the rosemary sprigs and chopped garlic around the Cornish hens
9.Bake for 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees (baste every 10 -15 minutes)
10.Serve and enjoy !