I must admit, when it comes to cornbread – I like it sweet like cake. Now, there are people that beg to differ but to me there is nothing tastier than a slice of sweet cornbread. It just balances out whatever other main dish you’re having in my opinion .
This recipe is for people who do not want to make it from scratch , and who like it sweet. Yes , I know how to make it from scratch but , Jiffy is a quick , old school option that has never failed yet.
I use buttermilk instead of regular milk to give it that homemade taste. And I also add honey and sugar to make it taste sweet like cake.
Glam Kitchen Tips:
- I used 2 mini cast iron skillets but you can also use a muffin pan or baking pan / sheet
2 boxes Jiffy Cornbread mix
2 large eggs
1 cup buttermilk
2 teaspoon white sugar
2 tablespoon honey
Non stick baking spray
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. In a large bowl combine cornbread mix , eggs , buttermilk, sugar , and honey – mix well
3. Spray skillets or baking dish with non stick baking spray
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until done and golden brown on the top (test with a toothpick is in doubt ) – if you are using a small glass dish instead of the skillets bake 25 minutes or until top is golden brown
5.Remove from oven , allow it to rest for 5 minutes
6. Serve and enjoy