Have you ever cooked salmon steaks at home ? They may look intimidating but they are very easy to make.
Seriously , this may be the best salmon steak recipe on the Internet. Trust me, it’s just that good . Salmon steaks are a cut of salmon that is thicker than the usual filet. They are meaty and delicious. This recipe combines my all purpose seasoning (order at www.shoptheglamkitchen.com ) , lemon pepper and paprika -and is then finished with a lemon butter sauce .
If your local grocery store does not carry salmon steaks you can try a local meat or fish market.
As always please let me know what you think !
Glam Kitchen Tips
- Use real butter , not margarine
◦ 2 salmon steaks, at least 1 inch thick
◦ 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
◦ 1 teaspoon Glam Kitchen All Purpose Seasoning ( www.shoptheglamkitchen.com )
◦ 2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
◦ 1/2 teaspoon paprika
◦ 4 tablespoon unsalted butter
◦ 1 tablespoon lemon juice
◦ Fresh parsley to garnish (optional)
1. Season clean salmon steaks on both sides with all purpose seasoning , lemon pepper , and paprika
2. In a large skillet heat olive oil and 2 tablespoon butter over medium high heat
3. Once the butter has melted , Add salmon steaks and cook on side 1 for 4-5 minutes
4. Flip salmon steak to side 2 and cook for another 5 minutes
5. Remove from heat
6. In a small bowl melt 2 tablespoon butter and add 1 tablespoon lemon juice
7. Spoon lemon butter sauce over salmon filets
8. Garnish with fresh parsley
9. Serve and enjoy !