Valentines Day is less than one week away and instead of you going out next weekend to a restaurant , waiting hours to be seated , and spending a large amount of money on dinner …I thought I would share an amazing recipe that you can make at home. When people think of lobster meat, they instantly think of an expensive meal. However, the great thing about Valentines Day is most local grocers have steaks and seafood on sale, so you can make your own delicious meal at home for less than half of what it would cost you to dine out. This lobster tail recipe is flavorful, and can be made from start to finish in about 30-40 minutes. The lemon butter sauce perfectly compliments the lobster meat and this is definitely a recipe that you will be making year round! As always, please let me know how the recipe comes out for you and enjoy !
Glam Kitchen Tips
- Use real butter , not margarine
- Use fresh lemon
- Kitchen shears make cutting lobster tails a lot easier to me than a knife , invest in a pair (I got mine from Homegoods but Ross , Burlington , and Marshall’s will also have a pair of reasonably priced ones)
◦ 2 lobster tails (4-6 ounces each )
◦ Old bay seasoning
◦ Lemon pepper seasoning
◦ 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
◦ 4-6 ounces unsalted butter
◦ Fresh parsley to garnish (optional)
◦ Lemon slices to garnish (optional)
1. Make sure your lobster tails are fully thawed and insert kitchen shears between the meat and the shell, and carefully cut the shell down the center of the back. Be sure to leave the tail intact. Loosen the meat from the shell (do this slowly so you don’t break the shell )and carefully lift the tail through the slit to rest on the top of the shell.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
3. Cut or remove away any black or green parts that may be on the lobster meat
4. Clean lobster tails with with lime juice and cold water then pat dry with a paper towel to get any excess water off
5. Line a small pan with foil and spray it with non stick spray
6. Melt the butter and stir in the lemon juice and set aside
7. Brush or spoon the lobster tails with the butter sauce (reserve the rest for when the lobster tails are done cooking )
8. Season lobster tails with old bay and lemon pepper seasoning
9. Bake the lobster tails for 15-17 minutes
10. Spoon butter sauce over the lobster tails
11. Serve with garnished parsley and lemon slices
12. Enjoy !