At first, I was going to name this recipe Weeknight Sweet Chilli Salmon but honey, this salmon is so good you will want to eat it on weeknights, weekends, and special occasions! Thai sweet chili sauce is sold in most grocery stores and it is a sweet sauce that’s used as a dipping sauce in the Thai and Asian food scene.
When sweet chili sauce is paired with honey and soy sauce it creates a sweet heat glaze that you won’t soon forget!
Glam Kitchen Ingredient Tips
- Grab a beautiful, fresh salmon filet from the local market. Cut it into 2-3 pieces, depending on how many servings you want.
- Pink salt is a fun kitchen ingredient I keep on hand. I love the taste and color it adds to my seasoning mixes.
- Gently rub the seasoning into your salmon. This ensures it sticks to the fish and not the pan!
Be sure your pan and oil are both hot before adding the salmon. This way it won’t stick and all the crispy flavor will stay on the fish. I cook the flesh side first, then flip. Then when I go to remove the fish from the pan (have a nice long, thin spatula ready!) the skin will help hold it together to transfer it to my serving dish.
How to Serve Thai Sweet Chili Salmon
- Mashed potatoes, whichever type of potato you like, are a perfect bed for the salmon. The glaze also works well with some sauteed greens.
- This dish is great with rice, and you can even heat up leftover rice to make it even easier.
- Like noodles? I can picture serving this salmon over a mound of angel hair next to bright green broccoli.
- For weeknights, microwave leftover rice and a bag of steam veggies. These can both get done while you cook the salmon for a 30-minute meal.
- Ready for date night? Make those mashed potatoes from scratch, set the table with candles and wine, and present this restaurant-quality meal!
Why salmon? Salmon is the perfect option even for people who claim they don’t love fish. It doesn’t have a fishy smell and is mild enough to really let the spices and the glaze shine.
Sweet Chili Salmon
- 1 pound salmon cut into 2-3 pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- pink salt
- ground black pepper
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- 1/4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce low or reduced sodium
- In a small bowl combine sweet chili sauce , honey, and soy sauce -mix well and set aside
- Season both sides of the salmon with salt, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder and onion powder
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat
- lace the salmon skin side up in the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked through
- Remove the salmon from the pan and place on a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm (optional)
- In a small sauce pan add the sauce mixture and allow it to simmer for 3-4 minutes on medium high heat
- Spoon glaze over salmon and serve !
Enjoy the recipe and as always please let me know how it came out for you!