At first I was going to name this recipe weeknight sweet Chilli Salmon but honey, this salmon is so good you will want to eat it on weeknights, weekends, and special occasions! Thai sweet chili sauce is sold in most grocery stores and it is a sweet sauce that’s used as a dipping sauce in the Thai and Asian food scene. That ingredient added to the 2 other make the sauce sweet and savory -which compliment the fish perfectly. I paired this with mashed potatoes and spinach and it was absolutely delicious! Enjoy the recipe and as always please let me know how it came out for you!
- 16 ounces salmon (cut into 2 or 3 pieces)
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Pink salt
- Ground Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- 1/4 cup Thai sweet Chilli sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
1.In a small bowl combine sweet chili sauce , honey, and soy sauce -mix well and set aside
2. Season both sides of the salmon with salt, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder and onion powder
3.Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat
4.Place the salmon skin side up in the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
5.Remove the salmon from the pan and place on a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm (optional)
6. In a small sauce pan add the sauce mixture and allow it to simmer for 3-4 minutes on medium high heat
7. Spoon glaze over salmon and serve !
Recipe by : Shauntay Parrish