My recipe for cowboy style baked beans with ground beef and bacon is full of love. ❤️
What exactly makes something “cowboy style”? Well cowboy style means that meat is added to the beans (there’s much more history behind this but chile google it if you want more info lol).
These baked beans are full of flavor and sure to be a crowd favorite. My baked beans recipe makes a very large amount- so it’s perfect for parties and get togethers. As a heads up, these baked beans are made with ground beef and bacon, but feel free to change up the meats if you’d like (maybe you want all ground beef or all bacon, it’s your world so change it up as needed)
Ingredients Needed to make my Baked Beans with ground beef and bacon recipe
• 1 pound ground beef
• 1/2 teaspoon Glam Kitchen Adobo All Purpose seasoning (order at http://shoptheglamkitchen.com )
• 1/4 cup yellow onion, finely diced
• 1/4 cup green bell pepper, finely diced
• 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• 3-4 cans Baked beans (28 ounce)
• 6 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
• 1 + 1/2 cups your favorite barbecue sauce
• 1/2 cup pancake syrup
• 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
• 3 tablespoon Yellow mustard
Glam Kitchen Tips- For meatier beans, use 3 cans. I used 4 cans because this is the meat consistency I prefer in mine.
Cowboy Style BBQ Baked Beans with Ground Beef and Bacon
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 tsp Glam Kitchen Adobo All Purpose http://www.shoptheglamkitchen.com
- 1/4 cup yellow onion finely diced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper finely diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper finely diced
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 3-4 cans baked beans (28 ounce cans)
- 6 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1+1/2 cups BBQ sauce I used Sweet Baby Ray's original
- 1/2 cup pancake syrup
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 3 tbsp yellow mustard I used French's
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large, deep skillet add ground beef, adobo all-purpose seasoning, onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and worcestershire sauce- brown until it’s fully cooked then drain it and set it aside.
- In a large, deep baking pan add the cooked ground beef, cans of baked beans, cooked bacon, bbq sauce, pancake syrup, brown sugar, and yellow mustard-mix well until fully combined.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from heat, stir a final time, then serve and enjoy!