Are you a fan of turkey? These turkey wings cooked low and slow may make a believer out of you!
Cooking turkey during Thanksgiving is a challenge for a lot of people. It is a meat that can either be really juicy if cooked properly or really dry. Personally, I’m not a huge fan of turkey in general but I absolutely love turkey wings! They are usually a good price and if you season and cook them well they are simply delicious.
These turkey wings are seasoned with my favorite seasonings and then cooked at a low temperature and slow speed to ensure that they will be falling off the bone and mmmmmmm good.
Glam Kitchen Tips
- 3-4 pounds of turkey wings is likely two full wings.
- Don’t forget to pick up oven bags if you don’t normally keep them on hand!
- Feel free to swap out the red onion for a different variety. I love the little zing the red adds.
- You can swap out the seasonings after you’ve tried this as-is. Add more spice if that’s your thing!
- Keep the skin on! This will retain lots of moisture and flavor as they cook, helping to break down the tough meat.
How to Cook Turkey Wings
Use a very sharp knife to carefully cut through the joint separating the two parts of the wing.
Line a baking dish with your oven bag and place the wings flat inside. Rub that seasoning into the skin!
Slice your carrot on the bias and toss it in…
Followed by long sections of green onion tops…
And then your roughly diced onion.
Add chicken broth to the bag. I like to pour it next to the wings so I don’t wash off any of that delicious seasoning.
Seal the bag with the provided tie.
Just look at all that wonderful, deeply flavored broth!
Serve this up alongside roasted potatoes and some other veggies.
If you’re feeling fancy, you could always carefully pour the cooking liquid into a small saucepan and reduce it or thicken it. These fall off the bone turkey wings will be the talk of the table!
As always, enjoy the recipe and let me know how they came out!
Oven Baked Turkey Wings Recipe
- 3-4 pounds turkey wing pieces
- 1 tsp adobo all purpose seasoning
- 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tsp complete seasoning I used the Badia brand
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1.5 cup chicken broth low sodium
- 1 tbsp lemon juice fresh is best
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 2 sprigs green onion chopped
- 1 red onion medium
- 1 Reynolds Kitchen Oven Bag I used the turkey size
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Generously season cleaned turkey wings with adobo, lemon pepper, complete seasoning, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and rosemary- mix well
- In a large pan, lay out the oven bag
- Put the seasoned turkey wings inside the oven bag
- Arrange the carrots , green onion , and red onion around the turkey wings
- In a small bowl , add the chicken broth and lemon juice then mix well
- Pour the broth mixture inside the bag (make sure you pour it to the bottom of the bag not directly over the turkey wings)
- Close the oven bag with the zip tie that is included or tie it in a knot and place in the oven for 3.5 to 4 hours
- Remove from the oven, open the bag, and spoon the juices over the turkey wings
- Serve and enjoy !