Are you a fan of turkey? These turkey wings cooked low and slow may make a believer out of you!
Cooking turkey during Thanksgiving is a challenge for a lot of people. It is a meat that can either be really juicy if cooked properly or really dry. Personally, I’m not a huge fan of turkey in general but I absolutely love turkey wings! They are usually a good price and if you season and cook them well they are simply delicious.
These turkey wings are seasoned with my favorite seasonings and then cooked at a low temperature and slow speed to ensure that they will be falling off the bone and mmmmmmm good.
Glam Kitchen Tips
- 3-4 pounds of turkey wings is likely two full wings.
- Don’t forget to pick up oven bags if you don’t normally keep them on hand!
- Feel free to swap out the red onion for a different variety. I love the little zing the red adds.
- You can swap out the seasonings after you’ve tried this as-is. Add more spice if that’s your thing!
- Keep the skin on! This will retain lots of moisture and flavor as they cook, helping to break down the tough meat.
How to Cook Turkey Wings
Use a very sharp knife to carefully cut through the joint separating the two parts of the wing.
Line a baking dish with your oven bag and place the wings flat inside. Rub that seasoning into the skin!
Slice your carrot on the bias and toss it in…
Followed by long sections of green onion tops…
And then your roughly diced onion.
Add chicken broth to the bag. I like to pour it next to the wings so I don’t wash off any of that delicious seasoning.
Seal the bag with the provided tie.
Just look at all that wonderful, deeply flavored broth!
Serve this up alongside roasted potatoes and some other veggies.
If you’re feeling fancy, you could always carefully pour the cooking liquid into a small saucepan and reduce it or thicken it. These fall off the bone turkey wings will be the talk of the table!
As always, enjoy the recipe and let me know how they came out!
Oven Baked Turkey Wings Recipe
- 3-4 pounds turkey wing pieces
- 1 tsp adobo all purpose seasoning
- 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tsp complete seasoning I used the Badia brand
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1.5 cup chicken broth low sodium
- 1 tbsp lemon juice fresh is best
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 2 sprigs green onion chopped
- 1 red onion medium
- 1 Reynolds Kitchen Oven Bag I used the turkey size
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Generously season cleaned turkey wings with adobo, lemon pepper, complete seasoning, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and rosemary- mix well
- In a large pan, lay out the oven bag
- Put the seasoned turkey wings inside the oven bag
- Arrange the carrots , green onion , and red onion around the turkey wings
- In a small bowl , add the chicken broth and lemon juice then mix well
- Pour the broth mixture inside the bag (make sure you pour it to the bottom of the bag not directly over the turkey wings)
- Close the oven bag with the zip tie that is included or tie it in a knot and place in the oven for 3.5 to 4 hours
- Remove from the oven, open the bag, and spoon the juices over the turkey wings
- Serve and enjoy !
Hi if u many 8-10 baby turkey wings , should double all the ingredients?
Hi, and yes you can just double it
I have a family of 5 so I plan to use a whole pack of chicken wings , cut them into pieces. will this recipe still work if I use a whole pack of wing?
Hello, yes you could use wings in place of this
Omg…. That was soooo delicious, now I’m kinda upset that the man only wrapped up one turkey wing for me! I told my Granny I was making Turkey Wings… She said “you getting ready for Christmas?”, I said “no for Monday’s meal” lol… It was perfect for this winter day!
But I will be have to be honest, I did turn up the heat (to cook quicker) because I was tooo antsy to wait only because it smelled so good! Totally worth the wait, though. This is my “go to recipe” for turkey wings now! I pulled out some frozen Mac n cheese and dressing, made some greens and said Grace… Yummers ! I am full and complete! Thank you for posting this ❤️
I am soooo happy to hear this !!! And yasss to Monday’s meal ❤️❤️🥳😂❤️ thank you for supporting
Hi! Would I be able to replace the vegetables with say green beans and potatoes?
Hmmmm yes you would be able to but in order to prevent them from being Mushy I would probably add them the last hour
Can you say Ah-freaking-mazing!!! I made this for Sunday dinner and ending up eating it for lunch. It is soooooo flavorful. After reading a few comments, I will have to try it with chicken as well. Thank you so much for the recipe.
I am soooo happy to hear that ! And you are welcome !!❤️
Can you tell me the measurements for the seasoning? Thank you
Hi, I leave the seasoning to be to your preference. You can start with 1 teaspoon for everything other than salt or pepper -hope that helps
Hello! What temperature should these cook on?
I made these a couple of weeks ago and let me tell you they were delicious. I’m wondering how they will turn out in the crockpot on low
They will still turn out great , they just won’t hVe the same color ❤️ and so glad to hear !
I made this recipe recently. I received so many compliments from my family. No one could believe that I actually cooked it. Thank you for taking the stress out of cooking.
I am so happy to hear that ! Thank you for trying it and I’m glad you and the fam enjoyed it !!!
I threw a turkey breast in with 2 whole wings. 4 hours should still be plenty no?
Yes 4 hours is still a good time
I also made this over the weekend!!! My family loved it.
Can I omit the bag? I forgot them
Yes just cover it tightly with foil
Made this recipe today over rice and paired it with cornbread and cabbage.. o.m.g SO GOOD! I had to sub the thyme for rosemary and I forgot to get the turkey bags on my store run which I think made the meat not as juicy but still good! I cut up some red potatoes to cook with the turkey wings as well. I would post my plate if I could! Lol. So glad I found this site and ig page I cant wait to try more!
Thank you so much for supporting ! And I’m so happy to hear that ! Definitely retry it with an oven bag for that extra tender vibe ❤️❤️
I have made these several times and my husband and I love them. However I can’t get them to brown the way yours look.
I’m so glad you enjoyed them ! And I just allowed mine to cook in the bad the entire cook time. If you open the bag and for some reason they are not that color you can always broil them for about 5 minutes
can I up it to 400 and cook it for 3 hours?
Hi, yes but for the most tender meat it’s cooked best slow and low
What’s the measurements for the spices ?.. love turkey wings and will be making this recipe
Hi, this was made before I added measurements to the recipes. I will be updating this recipe in 2021 to include them for now I would say use 1/2 teaspoon of the seasonings or lightly sprinkle
Oh my gosh this was delish… but how can I get it to the same browning like yours?
Glad you enjoyed it ! ❤️ mine naturally brown while cooking in the bag
I made these in a parchment paper packet because I am not sure my pet birds can tolerate the cooking bag and they were fantastic! Fell right off the bone.
Yasssss so glad you enjoyed !