This recipe is a holiday soul food classic. You can’t have a Thanksgiving meal without a pan of dressing. I remember hating it when I tried other people’s version of it , because to me my mother made the best cornbread dressing. It had a taste that was out of this world.
This recipe is similar to the way she makes it but I added my own flair and it’s everything. I would recommend serving this with my Jerk Sweet Chili Cornish Hen recipe or the holiday ham recipe.
As always , enjoy the recipe and let me know how it comes out for you!
Glam Kitchen Tips
-Use low sodium chicken broth
-Use real butter not margarine
2 boxes jiffy cornbread mix
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic
2 cups celery , diced
1/2 medium red onion
1 medium red bell pepper
1 medium yellow bell pepper
3 cups low sodium chicken broth
10.5 ounce can Cream of chicken soup
1 stick salted butter, melted
2 teaspoon seasoning salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon thyme
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. In a large bowl, combine 2 boxes of jiffy , 2 eggs, 1 cup buttermilk , and 1 teaspoon sugar -mix well
3. Bake for 25-35minutes or until fully cooked ( test with a toothpick if needed)
4. Remove from oven , set aside
5. In a large skillet heat olive oil and sauté garlic, celery, red onion, red bell pepper , and yellow bell pepper for 5-7 minutes or until tender
6. Crumble up the cornbread
7. In a large bowl add crumbled cornbread, veggie mixture, 3 eggs , melted butter , cream of chicken soup , chicken broth, seasoning salt , black pepper, garlic powder , and thyme -mix well
8. Spray a deep baking dish with non stick spray and pour dressing into the pan
9. Bake 45-50 minutes
10. Remove from oven , serve , and enjoy !