Mimosas are a bottomless brunch staple and the reason that I look forward to brunch dates with family and friends. Now that we are in a global pandemic, brunch at home has been my way of keeping some sort of normalcy in my life. Every weekend at least 1 of the days I try make myself a brunch food selection and enjoy a few mimosas. Traditionally a mimosa is made with orange juice and a sparkling wine like champagne , Brut, or Prosecco. This mimosa is made with blood orange juice ( this can normally be found in the specialty or organic juice department of your local grocery store) , pineapple juice , and Prosecco. My absolute fave Prosecco is La Marca and I love it, however you can use any sparkling wine of your choice for this recipe. This mimosa is not very sweet, which is what makes it a perfect brunch cocktail at home if you are serving it with other sweet breakfast foods like waffles or pancakes or fruits. As always , let me know how you like it and enjoy !
- 4 ounces sparkling wine, chilled ( I used LaMarca Prosecco)
- 2 tablespoon blood orange juice
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- Pineapple to garnish (optional)
1. In a 6-8 ounce size glass pour in sparkling wine
2. Add the blood orange juice and pineapple juice
3. Garnish with a pineapple slice (optional)
4. Serve and enjoy !