Capri suns were an epic part of my child hood. I remember being in the grocery store and wanting them so bad! Now that I’m older, I realize that they were marketing geniuses. I’m sure that we enjoyed drinking the juice out of a bag more than the actual flavor lol. Fast forward to my adult years , about 2 years ago I went to a seafood restaurant in Atlanta and I saw that they served cocktails in large juice bags. I immediately ordered one ! I was legit reliving those childhood memories all while having a tasty cocktail. During this quarantine period I have been ordering a lot of things off Amazon and I got the idea to recreate those restaurant cocktails in a bag -but at home! I literally searched “adult capri sun pouches” in amazon and voila ! This cocktail recipe uses dark rum and coconut rum to make a fruity, delicious drink.As always , enjoy and let me know how they come out for you !
Glam Kitchen Tips
- The drink pouches can be found on Amazon and Etsy
- If you can’t find the bags it’s still lit so just use a regular glass and enjoy !
Makes 4 (16 ounce ) drink pouches
- 1 cup Dark rum (I used the Bacardi Black brand)
- 1 cup Coconut flavored rum (I used the Malibu brand )
- 4 cups Mixed berry juice (I used the Simply brand )
- 2 cup Orange Pineapple juice ( I used the Dole brand)
- 1 Large Orange , cut into slices
- 4 large Strawberries , cut in halves with leaves and stems removed
- In a large pitcher , combine dark rum, coconut rum , mixed berry juice, and orange pineapple juice
- Stir well until fully combined
- Add 2 strawberry pieces and 1 orange slice to the drink pouches
- Pour the cocktail mix into the bags
- Chill or let them sit on ice
- Serve and enjoy !