Cinco de Mayo is an annual Mexican celebration that is celebrated on May 5th. I’ve lived in south Florida, Atlanta, and now Dallas and one thing that remains is all big cities have huge celebrations that are filled with music, margaritas, and delicious Mexican foods. In honor of that holiday, I decided to share a simple and easy cocktail recipe. I have also decided that my blog won’t just be a place for you to get comfort food recipes, but every now and then I’ll also be sharing cocktails that you can make at home. As a comfort food and cocktail lover, I think it’s important to be able to have lit food and drinks at home instead of always having to go out. As always, let me know what you think and enjoy!
- 2 packs of Lime Jell-o (3 ounces each)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup chilled tequila
- 1 and 1/4 cup chilled margarita mix
- 2 limes to garnish
- Add boiling water to gelatin mix and stir until dissolved
- Stir in tequila and margarita mix
- Pour into shot cups and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until firm
- Remove from fridge and garnish with lime slices
- Serve and enjoy !